Sunday, May 9, 2010

Leading up to Saturday....

First- thank you for the many prayers! We felt your prayers and God was totally moving before us and opening the way. Looking at what has transpired in the past several weeks - I can see why I was hearing the strong voice of God specifically telling me "You need to go to Kappa on Saturday night before Mother's Day." It's difficult to explain to someone how you hear God speaking to you- especially so specifically in this case. Let me tell you all the praises and open doors that God provided by obeying his command to Go! The chain of events......

1. I have felt the calling for some time now to begin an outreach in the strip clubs. I've met with several church pastors/leaders in the Peoria area to begin this outreach (most of the clubs are in the Peoria area.) We made some preliminary assignments to get about 10 area churches together to unite and plan together this summer to begin the outreach. I was perfectly fine with the timing- felt no rush and kept praying. In my mind I thought- we'll get started some time this fall.

2. About 2 weeks ago- I started getting this feeling (like I couldn't breath) and a sense of extreme urgency that YOU specifically need to go to Kappa Saturday night before Mother's Day. I heard it... but it was still a matter of how exactly do I do that?

3. Monday- I get a call from Bath & Body Works-saying they have items they want to donate to the church for Mother's Day- do we have something we can do with them? Immediately, I knew what that meant- it was the final confirmation I needed and I just had to drive there- ask for a manager and get permission to come back.

4. Monday night- I drove out to Kappa with a good friend, Michelle, and talked to the manager. I asked if we could come back on Saturday for Mother's Day and bring dinner to the girls. Evidently, because of health department guidelines- that was not an option. So- I said fine, I have gifts- can I just bring the gifts?... "Why do you want to do this again?" My reply- don't you have a lot of single moms? I want to show them appreciation. Wow! That's really nice of you.

5. Wednesday night- I find out that one of the dancers from Kappa has been attending Eastview for the last several months. I text her, ask if she's working on Saturday and if I can meet her. She replies- yes- she's working- yes - she would love to meet me AND her boyfriend (one of the managers) AND one of the DJ's there have also been attending!! She invites me to her house on Saturday afternoon.

6. Thursday morning- my bible reading was from John 4. Have I read the story of Jesus meeting the woman at the well? Yes! But, it hit me differently this time. My great group from Peoria and I had been brainstorming different names..... Meet me at the Well seemed perfect. (Since "meet me at the well" was already taken for a blog- that's how it became "Meet me at Jacob's Well") I LOVE IT!

7. Saturday afternoon- I go to my new friend's house and she invited the 2 others that have been joining her at Eastview. I was there for over 3 hours and we talked about all kinds of things... the greatest included how/what/when/why they all want to be baptized together....I am amazed at how God is using this dynamic 3 on the inside to be the salt and light. I didn't know anything about them before wanting to go there- but God did. I pray that our going was an encouragement to them in their faith and it will give them additional boldness as they are there. For us going to the club where they would all be working a few hours later... they provided an extra feeling of safety and comfort knowing that we had other believers that would have our back.

Look at that... a perfect 7.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Nicki, this is awesome!
    I am so proud of you for going into, basically, a battle field and showing these girls love and kindness. I bet they never suspected going to work and having strangers shower them with gifts for Mothers' Day.
    You are very bold and brave and I will pray for you to continue to help out so many people find true joy in the Lord.
    If you need help in any way, you know how to contact me.

    God Bless,
    Sarah Zimmerman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this has just brought tears to my eyes! We are to be His hands and feet...and YOU are doing that! So sad I can't be a hands on part of THIS, but I WILL PRAY!! I just KNOW God is going to do great things! God Bless all of these women! God loves them and I believe they are going to discover what a plan and purpose He has for their lives. HE doesn't waiste anything. Love from Georgia!!!!

    ReplyDelete